As far as ARender version 3 goes, we reached the end of those versions. Version 3.1.11 is now the official last version of ARender 3 and will only receive corrective fix-packs.
Today, ARender 3.1.11-2 is released, following this goal. As the fixpack list gets smaller, we can include again in the blog post the list of changes :
- Correct Rendition side document builder DocumentId generation (regression in 3.1.11-1)
- Improve image clarity in ARender browser side
- This should replace exisiting overZoom configurations (see below)
- Correct document builder issue where image documents are used as source documents
- General improvment of the download document with annotations feature
- Aroms2pdf: now disables macro when opening an Office document (diminishes the conversion failures)
- Improve download annotations as FDF feature.
In regards of the document quality improvments, we found a way to increase document clarity without the need to increase the image quality at rendition side. Results may vary depending of the screen resolution/browser used but we observed internally a vast majority of improvments.
As an example, here is a default view of a document using ARender 3.1.11-1 on the right, compared to the new view on the left:
Documents will look overall sharper than what they used to look. If the previous behavior was fitting you, the new feature can be deactivated (visualization.images.tolerance=0).
If you wish to access the ARender releases and do not have yet the informations needed to download it, please contact the ARender team on the usual channels.