The ARender Team is proud to present the latest version of ARender Xenon : 3.0.5 !
Major bugfixes applied in the HMI:
Dropdown lists were not opening in recent Mozilla Firefox versions
- Dropdown list are now forced to open when clicking on it
Square, Circle, Polygon, Polyline, Freehand and Post it could be created larger than page under particular conditions
- These annotations types are now restrict to page size
Square, Circle, Polygon, Polyline and Freehand border width was not set according to zoom
- Added zoom management on these annotations’ borders to set a correct border width
If an annotation format change was done after moving a Polygon, Polyline or Freehand annotation, the annotation came back to its initial position
- Annotation position is now updated correctly after a move
Freehand annotations did not support creation on rotated page
- Position calculation modification to permit to create freehand on a rotated page
Freehand annotations could not be deleted directly after creation
- Keep the focus on the annotation to delete it
Stamp and ImageStamp could be created outside of page
- Restricted according to the bounding box of the stamps
Stamp box was larger than text size
- Stamp box is now resized dynamically to text size
Users can no longer print annotation when annotation.loadExisting is false
annotation.loadExisting=false no longer interfere with the annotationCreationPolicy
- If annotationCreationPolicy does not allow to create annotations, annotation.loadExisting=false does not make the annotation creation buttons appear
Multi-content ZIP file first page content was not always displayed
- Fixed an issue with zip starting by empty folders
Download functions are now entirely covered by using REST API
- Multiple documents and document with annotations are covered
Fullscreen is now working on IE 11
IE incoherence on page close made user think they could save annotations before closing ARender
- Now correctly warns the user he will leave the page with unsaved annotations
Importing a more than one page document from annotation view import only the first thumb
- Now all thumbs are displayed
When AnnotationCreationPolicy forbids annotation creation, contextual menu allowed to create annotations, it should be updated accordingly
- When annotationCreationPolycy forbids annotation creation, contextual menu and toolbar do not display annotation creation buttons
Major bugfixes applied in the rendition:
Aroms2pdf (Microsoft Office for ARender) could create collision on long filenames, this is no longer possible.
Missing rc2 and rc5 folders during installation are now created
Detect and correct potential failures of rendition installer onto several linux distibutions using docker containers to test a wide range of systems
Minor bugfixes applied in the HMI
cache.js scripts are now cached
Downloads of Pdf Documents with annotations are using the default name “Document.pdf” instead of the original name of the documents
- The original document name is used when downloading PDF with annotations
Minor bugfixes applied in the rendition:
PCX images displaying was not possible
Modification of folder name which will contains rejected documents from “errors” to “rejected”
PDF downloading with annotations did not respect original annotations colors
On annotation navigation tab, text decoration annotation are only mentioned by their type and not the selected text
- Annotation type is mentioned and then the begining of the text is now indicated
New features introduced in the HMI:
Resizeable stamp with draggable presenter
- Can be resized now also by picking the corners of the stamp while in edition mode. Only the corners will resize the stamp for now.
- Dynamic font resize
Polyline end : Double click to finish the polyline or click on the first point of polyline
Polygon end : Double click to finish the polygon or click on the first point
Freehand and vertice annotations are now activated by default
Parameter created to configure the length in millisecond of the notification popups
Exposed JS method to permit annotation saving
Add a parameter to remove the possibility to delete loaded annotations :
On border color change, create a border if non exist for circle and rectangle annotations
Improved Annotation explorer design
- Buttons are more visible and consistent
XFDF upload button now allows the upload of a PDF document containing FDF annotations. Those annotations will be ported onto the current document.
- Possibility to import local offline modifications into the online document.
- Increase arrow body to select it easily
- Long touch triggers contextual menu
At post it creation, the default text is select to ease new content redaction
New features introduced in the rendition server:
Added new options for the rendition installer to include optional filenet libraries.
Possibility to now configure the Rest API port of the rendition server from the installer
Simplified rendition configuration files:
- Added the field rendition.soffice.path into arender-rendition.properties in order to configure the path to libreoffice binary files
- Added the field tools.imagemagick.page.image.mimetype into arender-rendition.properties to configuration the types of images generated by imagemagick
Simplified the way mails are configured for the merged “Header and Content” setup:
- rendition.backend.mailFactory=mailFactory is the default, pdf generating factory from mails documents. It will produce a pdf with a header and a body of the mail page, followed by the attachements.
- rendition.backend.mailFactory=mergedMailFactory is the new, pdf generating factory from mails documents. It will produce a pdf with a header and a body of the mail merged in the first page, followed by the attachements.
Security improvements to the rendition server
- Local storage is protected from read access by configuration by default.
- Only the samples folder is accessible by default, and it can be changed in the arender-rendition.xml under :
Obfuscation (rendition side) :
- Pages where an obfuscation has been done will now have their text removed in order to ensure a reliable obfuscation of the text at the download of the document with annotations.
- This can be switched off with the parameter obfuscate.deleteText=false from the arender-rendition.properties file.
Underline and Strikethrough annotations are now printable and downloadable
UrlParserExternalAccessorProxy : Possibility to customize configuration-time as a parameter in httpRequest
Allow to open a document containing an ARender rotation in ViewOne
- Change Rotation Annotation name from CUSTOM to ROTATION
- Create or drag an annotation scrolls the page view
- Remove the scroll when create or drag an annotation
The first selection of a stamp after a page rotation will shift its position. The next selections behave normally.
Obfuscation is not yet available for solutions based on filenet.